My New Year's Resolution
Ahhh..it's 2015!!! The picture above is how I started my year, just being silly with family and friends. How did you guys celebrate?
As it's a new year, it's a normal trend to start thinking about aims for the next 365 days...I'm not normally a fan of resolutions but I found someone else's list on Tumblr and liked a couple of them so thought I'd share them with you as there might be some points you wanna work towards too:
1. Sleep earlier, rise earlier - get off your phone, set a time, create a habit.
2. Read more - and not just shitty fanfics. Read them too. But read. Read classics, read newspapers, read magazines, read fictional books, read joke books. Just read.
3. Stay away from people who do not deserve you - you are worth a lot more. Fuck their shitty opinions.
4. Eat well - and I don’t mean diet. I mean, eat well. Eat healthy, indulge every once in a while, but don’t go overboard. Eat for your health and not for society.
5. Create a plan that will be enjoyable for exercise and just do it - no fucking around this year
6. Study well - an hour every single day. Just one hour of uninterrupted, that’s all it will take. Apprendre et travail dans Francais - Je ne sais pas si ce est juste, pardon a mon francais suiveurs
7. Pamper yourself- give yourself one hour. One hour a week to unwind. To week to wash your hair, leave in your conditioner, soak your skin, have a face mask, shave your legs, light some candles, drink some tea, put on nice smelling lotion and comfy pajamas, put on some nice music and sleep well.
8. Put in an effort - doing your hair nicely, putting on that clean change of clothes and a simple coat of mascara has a lot of power to make you feel a hell of a lot better
9. Learn new VOCAB - because why the fuck not? Write down your new words that you learn while reading, use them in conversations; expand your vocab, because when you are sitting in the exam room, you’ll be glad you have.
10. Plan an outing once a week - have something to look forward to, to be excited for. Experience new things.
11. Set small goals - 3 small things to do every day, and don’t sleep till you have them done. 3x365 knowledgeable achievements will be worth it - trust me
12. Meet new people - don’t be so quick to judge.
13. Love yourself - I’m still trying to figure this one out, but I’m beginning to feel like I am worth it.
14. Art - practice makes perfect. Work, and when you can’t work, learn. Discover artists and their pieces, their inspirations, their style. Document it. There is always something to do to improve, whether it be through practice or research.
15. Stick to these goddamn goals. 2015 will be the shit if I make it.
Realistically not all of these will get done and I'll go through phases of accomplishing my resolutions but there are some nice ideas there to work towards. More than anything I just want to keep creating fun and memories in 2015, remain happy and healthy and continue to learn more things about myself and the world! Easy really lol!
Also, I am so ready for 2015 as I got some new gadgets for Christmas and so feeling very "teched up" (even though I have no idea how to use them). New camera and a new MAC BOOK PRO!! Eek so excited...I've had a broken down Sony Vaio for 7 years so this is a big deal for me! This can only mean good news for Carelle; as my technology has upgraded so will the blog I'm sure so keep a look out for the progression...we need to change some things up in here..woohoo!!
Anyway, I'm off in search for some food....feeling like it's a coffee and light lunch day at Le Pain Quotidien. Speak soon xo
*Title from "Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe" by Kendrick Lamar