Bad Tings #1
So I missed my usual Friday outfit post. I beat myself up about it all weekend but it's done now so no excuses, let's just move on #badblogger lol! I'll be posting more this week and getting myself back on track with my schedule so all good. What I thought to do today is a mini recap of the things I got up to over the last seven days because there is such amazing-ness in this city and online to source inspiration, knowledge and "more life" from.
- Bad Photographers Post - Starting off with a little self-promotion, I listed the 6 photographers I've been working with on my blog. Perfect for anyone interested in taking their photos to the next level.
- FutureGirlCorp 'Mentoring & Building Networks Event' - If you haven't heard of FGC, search them now and follow them on Twitter! Brainchild of Sharmadean Reid (WAH Nails anyone?), FGC is a network that supports women in business but the lessons learnt there are easily transferable to blogging too (that is your business, right?).
- Prosecco at Holborn Grind with Cashmere App - After going to Treviso, earlier in the year, and tasting what actual Prosecco is supposed to be like, I've become a Prosecco snob. Genuinely, I was shocked at how bad it is here lol! Holborn Grind's version is actually decent so props to them.
- Photoshoot with Marbek - Always liked this streetwear brand so it was super cool having the opportunity to shoot with them.
- Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them on DVD - I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but I wasn't that interested in this film because there is no Harry Potter in it! Thus I never saw it in the cinema. Watched in on DVD with the boyfriend last week and was pleasantly surprised. J.K. Rowling is such a queen!
- Richard Serra Exhibition at the Gagosian Gallery - I was blown away by this exhibition, it's so simple but powerful! Incredible steel sculptures that make for the most artsy Instagram photos ;)
- Moonlight at Prince Charles Cinema - The only way to describe this film is beautiful! A must watch for everyone. Also the Prince Charles is such a cool little cinema in Leicester Square. They even have sing-a-long film nights!!!
- Bloggers Brunch at Aubaine Hyde Park - Met up with another group of inspiring bloggers for my monthly Bad Bloggers Brunch at Aubaine Hyde Park. The setting was soooo beautiful and the food, delicious! We stayed there for over 5 hours chatting away ha!
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rimes - Finished reading this book (by the amazing Shonda Rimes of Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder, all my favourite shows!) and learned so many valuable lessons. My favourite: don't be a dreamer, be a doer!
- Gary Vaynerchuk Videos - If you haven't heard of this man, where have you been living? Serial entrepreneur, TED speaker, best-selling author, the list goes on... I've been watching some of his business & marketing focused videos on Youtube, while getting ready in the mornings. He's so straight-talking, it's really motivating.
Let me know if you do any of these things and what you thought of them. You can keep up with the bits and bobs I get up to on my Instagram and Instastories. If you'd like to see more of this kind of post in the future, let me know in the comments section. I could turn it into a newsletter with even more tips and links so if interested, sign up below. Have a great week everyone xo